Monday, December 28, 2015

Stepping out your comfort zone



There are two outcomes that come from taking a risk. You win or you learn. It's not as black and white as winning or "losing". If you succeed, you'll be happy. If you don't, you'll be wise.
A lot of people, me being the first, would consider going on a national reality TV competition show as a risk. When I was approached for a spot on the show, it was very random and unexpected, and I was hesitant to say the least. Watching a reality show is one thing, but being in one? It wasn't my sort of thing, so I thought. After thinking it over, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and just go for it. For three months, every move I made and word I said was recorded 24/7 for the whole world to see and to eventually criticize. Risky? 100%. Do I have any regrets?
Not even one bit! Now I didn't actually win, but in many ways I did. I came out of the show with life lessons, an unforgettable once in a lifetime experience, and a platform to start Victoria's Vision and share with you all my passion for fashion, beauty secret and tips, and of course my favorite Miami spots! 

Since we're on the subject of taking risks, how about an all leather outfit? A leather jacket is an absolute closet staple. The versatility is what gets us, it can be thrown on any outfit and look good! Leather boots are also great to have on hand to toughen up an outfit. To break up the texture in my look, I opted for leather shorts instead of pants, and sheer tights underneath. I have on simple gold accessories to accent the gold detailing on the jacket and shorts. Black and gold is such a classic combo & a favorite of mine. And my take on an edgy "biker" look is complete! 

Now that the New Year's approaching, make it a mission to not let your fears stop you from pursuing your dream. Taking that risk to go on a reality show brought me to where I am now, a place where I can call my job my passion. Not to sound cliche, but everything happens for a reason! Trust me on that :) I'm all ready to live life in the fast lane (literally, lol), who's with me? 




SHOP THIS LOOK








Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Victoria's Vision | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig