Monday, February 23, 2015

Israeli Bites in Miami Nights






Three words. Food. Wine. Festival. 
Ok, two more words. Israeli dinner? Doooone, I'm there!! 

I spent this past Thursday at the biggest food festival that takes place in the US. The South Beach Wine and Food Festival or SoBeWFF. The night's event was titled a Culinary Odyssey: An Israeli Dinner. Sooo, I'll admit. I'll always be a daddy's girl (#stillaprincess), so who better to take as my date to this feast than my very own Israeli father (#myforeverking), who would truly appreciate the food, culture, and overall experience! :) 

With the attire being dressy casual, I decided to go with the always in style, classic, little black dress. Every woman's closet would seriously not be complete without a go-to LBD! As the famous quote goes, "One is never overdressed or underdressed with a little black dress." I paired mine with simple diamond earrings, my moms vintage beaded clutch, black pumps, and you already know...red lips. All done. Simplicity is elegance. :)

It was a beautiful event. The three chefs of the night flew out all the way from Israel to Miami, to show and share their true talent and passion that they have for food. Because I keep kosher, I skipped out on the meat course, but instead my Dad and I were served the most delicious smoked baby beets dish on top of the tastiest creme sauce. The chefs had a creative modern twist on the food. Looked like pure art, tasted like heaven. 

Vinegar & Bubble Cocktail
Sumac, Local Fruit Vinegar, Cavicchioli 1928 Prosecco

Baby Beetroot
Black Persian Lemon with Smoked Baby Beetroot, Garlic, Honey and Eucalyptus Creme and Malt Crumble

Date and Apple Cocktail
Israeli Smoked Dates, Organic Apple-infused Wild Turkey Rye Whiskey, Apple Bitters

Maccabi Cocktail 
Local Honey and Za'atar Syrup, Zucchini, El Tesoro Platinum Tequila, Ilegal Mezcal Reposado

Red Berries
Creme Fraiche and Amaretto, Milk Meringue, Licorice Dust, Salted Butter and Tarragon Crumble Biscotti, Goat Cheese, Rasberry Leather, Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil Dust, Tomatoes and Elderflower Consomme 

Hosted by Michael Solomonov, Meir Adoni and Eitan Vanunu Featuring Bar Lab
Cocktails by Bar Lab 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Victoria's Vision | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig